電話:2295 3228 傳真:2537 8900
|MASTERLINK SECURITIES (H.K.) CORP. LTD.
Circular to Customers relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”)
- From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply the Company with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of credit facilities or provision of financial services.
- Failure to supply such data may result in the Company being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue credit facilities or provide financial services.
- It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of the business relationship.
- The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:
- the daily operation of the financial services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- conducting credit checks;
- assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks;
- ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- designing financial services to related products for customers’ use;
- marketing financial services or related products;
- determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers;
- collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers’ obligations;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Company; and
- purposes relating thereto.
- Data held by the Company relating to a customers will be kept confidential but the Company may provide such information to the following parties within or outside of Hong Kong to the extent permitted by law.
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, credit reference or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
- any other branch of the Company;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a group company of the Company which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any financial institution with which the customer has or proposes to have dealings; and
- any actual or proposed assignee of the Company or participant or sub-participant or transferee of the Company’s rights in respect of the customer.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, any individual:
- has the right to check whether the Company holds data about him and the right of access to such data;
- has the right to require the Company to correct any data relating to him which are inaccurate; and
- has the right to ascertain the Company’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informer of the kind of personal data held by the Company.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- The Company shall not have any liability to the customers if any information supplied by the customers or on the customers’ behalf is incorrect or inaccurate.
- In the event of an inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of this Circular, the English language version shall prevail.
- The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed is as follows:
The Data Protection Officer
MASTERLINK SECURITIES (H.K.) CORP. LTD.
Unit 2603, 26/F, The Center,
99 Queen’s Road Central
Telephone: (852) 2295 3228 Fax: (852) 2537 8900